Monday, April 20, 2009

Always be classy, never be crazy...

So I read 187 pages today about "He's Just Not That Into You." There is nothing better than a book that strikes every note of the turmoil in your soul.

And so I share these pieces with you:

"A man who wants to make a relationship work will move mountains to keep the woman he loves. If he's not calling you to tell you he loves you and wants you back, it should ONLY be because he's showing up at your new residence to do it in person. If he's not trying to romance your socks off with dates, flowers, and poetry, it should be because he's too engrossed with his couples counseling workbooks and is prioritizing getting back on the right track. If he's not doing any of that, he may love you, miss you, but ultimately, he's just not THAT into you."

"Love cures commitment phobias."

"A man who is really into you is going to want you all to himself."

"But all I can say is that I suffer from the affliction of believing I can have a wonderful man love me AND be wildly attracted to me."

"Maybe this is just me, because my priorities have changed as I've gotten older. But now I don't want to be "sort of dating" someone. I don't want to be "kinda hanging out" with someone. I don't want to spend a lot of energy suppressing all my feelings so I appear uninvolved."

"What kind of knuckle head has a problem marrying the love of his life?"

"(About breaking up) A guy says he doesn't want to be with you. Sometimes that guy realizes he's made the biggest mistake of his life. And then sometimes he doesn't. Either way, your only job is to move on with your life, and fast. He can always try to chase you down as you are running down the block."

"If the person you "love" (notice the snotty quotation marks around that) cannot FREELY spend his days thinking about you and being with you, it's not real love."

"If he is really into you, he will get over his issues fast and make sure he doesn't lose you. Or he will make it clear to you how he feels, so there's no mystery, and tell you upfront that he's not up to it right now. And then you can best be sure, that the minute he is ready, he will run out and find you."

"The operative word in both cases here is "wait." You have to do the waiting - the biding your time, biting your tongue, keeping your needs quiet. He's so special, that guy. He deserves to have you sit around, putting your life on hold, not getting what you want, while he takes his time sorting it all out. He's that special. You, of course, aren't at all."

"At the very least, he should be asking you what kind of underwear you are wearing."

"I believe in love the verb, not the noun."

"Please remember that nothing is worse than longing for someone who doesn't want you. Even loneliness is better because with loneliness at least you have hope and possibility and imagination."

"A muffin is a toned down cupcake, don't let anyone tell you differently."

"So I say "Fuck Statistics." It's your life - how dare you not have faith in it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment