Saturday, December 18, 2010

Christmas Carding



Every year for the past 5 or 6 years, I have written a christmas poem with the help of my parents. This tradition was born when my Nanny was sick. My mother, who usually dressed me up and took my photo for the christmas card, was in NY taking care of nanny, and we found ourselves with only a few days left until christmas with no card. So I did a self portrait, got cards printed and created a cutesy poem to go out. The response from our family and friends was so fun and unexpected, that I have felt the need to continue with this tradition. We have had many poems, some years better than others, but it has been a standing tradition. This year, I was unsure whether I should make a Brian/Mora/ Peach poem, or leave the tradition to my parents. I decided to write a Pluchino household poem but then decided to write a Jimenez one too. Its just too fun to rhyme sometimes and writing the christmas poem is like recapping the whole year. SO two poems will be coming to a household near you, and once they are sent out I will also share via technology.

Season greetings to all, and to all a goodnight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment