Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Housewifery

I wonder if there is an all encompassing term for the act of being a housewife? Although its pretty sweet not to have a bedtime and to be the person in the couple who can be flexible and tries to just make life easier for their significant other, I must say, its becoming tedious. I mean, I have a laundry routine, and I do at least one load of laundry a day. I remember times where I had not done laundry for 2 or 3 weeks and was forced to launder my clothes for a lack of panties. Now I find myself digging in the bottom of my undies drawer because I feel like I wear the same 2 pairs. There are also the things you VOWED would NEVER bother you, that I now find myself doing. Who would have thought I would get on my hands and knees each day and hand sweep all of the hairs off the white tile floor in our entrance hallway and bathroom? I guess we really do turn into our parents as we age. I even clean with windex sometimes because it smells so clean. I still love having a clean home, but really, its time to start a job. When you start to wonder how socks keep magically appearing at the end of your bed, when you swear you just washed the same pair, you obviously have too much time on your hands. I suppose I should consider diving a bit deeper into wedding planning, but the final details, such as finding a bartender and a limo are so not appealing to me that I have no desire to take these projects on with a whole heart.

Still, I really have absolutely no reason to complain. I'm marrying a wonderful man who makes me happier and happier each day. We spent yesterday hanging out and accidently creating the beginnings of a bridal registry and I think this fun and company of those last three days spoiled me for the rest of the week to be spent entertaining myself....

No comments:

Post a Comment