Thursday, June 10, 2010

Forever and a Day


So now that we have been married for a whole 26 days, everyone asks what married life is like.

My answer is typical..."Its pretty good."

What can you say to people?
  • Its nice to not be "living in sin" anymore.
  • Its weird that my name is forever changed to Mrs. Mora Pluchino and yet I forget 1/5 times.
  • It sucks to get to be a princess for 12 days and then have to go back to the real world of working.
  • Its quite endearing to wake up every morning and know the person who grumbles at me (for clumsily stumbling over him in the early morning light) is my husband forever.
  • Its not much different since we lived together before.
But anyway, what I've been enjoying about married life is the kinship people seem to feel towards you and your relationship when you tie the knot. Its like a secret clan of people. Your relationship is automatically authentic if your significant other is now your husband. How strange to be taken seriously.

I also just enjoy my husband and being able to call him that. I enjoy the continued team work on things like buying our house, eventhough he has been the project's president while I've been more like the coffee girl/ treasurer ;-) I enjoy our mutual enjoyment of reliving our wedding via media and finding ways to pass this along to our family and friends (although I may be a bit more excited than someone else I know). I enjoy the ability to do nothing together and still be together. I like the planning forward to when we FINALLY move into our house. And I love looking forward to watching our marriage grow from this 26 day old thing into something 60 years old, wrinkly and a little saggy ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment