Friday, June 4, 2010

The Rest of Ever Part I: Making it Official































































Our wedding day was more perfect than I could have imagined. I expected things to go wrong. I expected it to be imperfect and I was ok with that. But the set up process went very smoothly. The rehearsal was yummy and fun. And Saturday, May15th, 2010, North Jersey woke to a gently windy, 70 degree, sunny day.


I woke up at 5 am, unable to contain my excitement anymore, and attempted to do my own contacts. This was soon followed by being held down and yelled at by Ellie and Marisa until I finally was able to get them in. The hair and makeup went quickly and smoothly, and even though we were behind on our wedding timeline, we still ended up with plenty of time waiting prior to our ceremony. Brian and I saw each other before the ceremony and did some bride and groom photos, which was nice to have some 1:1 time to get my excitement out.


I like to think it started at 1:15 as planned (but the video time stamp says 1:19.) The lake was stunning, my husband was so sweet, and of course I cried a few tears of happiness. We then proceeded to knock the rest of the photos out, and then were able to have fun and spend time with our family and friends. Our reception went from 1:45pm to about 9:30pm, so by the end, everyone had their share of booze, dancing, and food. We then went back to the hotel to hot tub, relax, and change my name on Facebook. At about 12 am we were finally able to return to our hotel room for some much awaited sleep prior to our honeymoon....



No comments:

Post a Comment