Wednesday, June 1, 2011

It May be June Continued

May 23rd marked Peach's first birthday! I can't believe our baby is not a baby anymore. She is so sweet and getting to be a better girl every day. She sleeps indefinitely now when there isn't company and jumps a lot less. She loves everyone, but mommy and daddy most. She still loves to sleep on feet, swipe socks from god knows where, eats fruits and veggies for fun, has learned her boundaries in our home and pack. I am so glad we have her. Since Brian is at school for so long working on his masters, Peach and I spend most nights snuggling.

Groom's Cake


Mr. and Mrs. Rad

Our next big event was Jen and Steve's wedding weekend. I had volunteered to make the groom's cake for the rehearsal dinner so this was my project for the time from when we got home from Disney until their wedding. After 10+ hours of baking, scultping, drawing, planning, etc, I created my first huge cake, 30 pounds or so! Their wedding was so fun we were sore from the dancing afterwards and we are so happy to see another couple enter into a loving marriage.,

Other than that, I've been to the doctor's a few times for tests to see why I am so tired all the time amongst other weird symptoms. They've checked my heart murmur and have pretty much declared it healthy with the fine print I have to have it rechecked in 6 months after starting a cardio routine. They also checked my thyroid which is apparently eating itself, so I am now taking medicine to replace the hormones I was not getting. With exercising and actually having thyroid hormone in my system, plus not working so many hours, I am not so tired all the time. I feel pretty good most days :)

The other thing people have been frequently asking, is when baby Pluchino will be coming. The answer: not in the near future, but we'll keep you posted on when the right time for us is :)

So for now, things to look forward to this summer...our annual trip to Maine, the birth of Emma (Debbie and Steve's baby), our family visiting from New Hampshire, Shiv moving into his new home, our one year adoption anniversary of Peach, the start of football season for Brian and his last semester of GRAD SCHOOL!!!

1 comment:

  1. OMG Peach is so big already! I still remember when she had all her puppy fluff!

    ReplyDelete