Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Mmmm...You Smell like Dimatap!

So today was a day off and it was pretty good. It started with a trip to the gym and a nice tuberculosis shot but whatever. I left the house as the sun was rising. My MP3 player picked great songs on the car ride and at the gym. I then spent the morning working on our Issues in Health Care presentation which I must say was not as painful as I had anticipated. I would also like say, I hate current events, news, policy making, legislation, etc, but its ok because I got to be in charge of the citations!!! And read about people eating fried chicken?!?

Bridget and I then sat in the semi-circle called K (I believe) and enjoyed the afternoon sun. Although it was a bit chilly, it was so nice to be OUTSIDE and not scrunched up in a desk in the dark. Bess (the director of the PT program) gave us her plan for passing our boards, and all though the boards are still a horrifying eventual thing, its so great to see things winding down. I feel like we're in grade school, during thos elast weeks in June, where the teachers start to take down the classroom decorations to save them from the sunlight during the summer.

Honestly, I'm really not being sarcastic with any of this, although you might be thinking to yourself "That sounds like a pretty aweful day." It was one of those days that was just so free and peacful, that was simply untouchable by sadness and hurt. Even when those emotions threatened to attack, it was easy to say "Thats just horrible" and just laugh it off. Because somtimes things are just horrrible any way you look at them, so why not look at something else.

I particularly love Stefanie and how she'll turn to me when I tell her something that sucks, and she'll say "Well, I just don't like that" in this genuine and serious tone. Its a great answer for things, because it offers no judgement, no solution or advice. Just a simple assurance that I'm not the only one who thinks that way. Stefanie is also amazing because her tanning lotion smelled like Dimatap and so therefore she smelled that way too all throughout our liscensure lecture. Its all about the little things :)

No comments:

Post a Comment